WHAT WE DO
- Help with organization of the family system both communicative and the physical environment.
- Help with assessing the emotional, educational, and health needs of all members of the family to include starting with self.
- Help with dumping those items in the spirit that has been a burden to success to include anger, resentment, rage, self-dislike, and loss sense of self.
- Help with the navigation of school and court related matters
- Help with stating what they want from others to include their partner / spouse, and or children and family members to improve pro-social communication.
- Help with redefining their needs, wants, and desires.
- Help with linkage of services to assist with the overall quality of life within the family unit.
- Other needs as they arise.
The following list of services is not an exhausted list of clinical possibilities:
- Anger and Impulse Management, Brief Hypnotherapy
- Crisis Management, – Trauma Treatment
- Social and Life Skills
- Symptom Management
- Parenting Skills Education
- Urban Life Coaching
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Motivational Counseling
The following list of services other services available:
- Outpatient Programs
- Supportive Services
- Community – Base mental health services
- Recovery Support
- Individual & Group Counseling
- Anger Management
- Family Therapy Treatment
- Evidence Based Treatments
Urban Life Coaching Program
At I.E.R. our Urban Life Coaching program is a designed alliance between coach and client where the coaching relationship continually gives all the power back to the individual, the client. We believe that the client’s hold the answers to every question or challenge you may have in your life, even if those answers appear to be obscured, concealed or hidden inside.
– Our Coaching Philosophy –
We believe that each of us has the wisdom and power within us to make our life be what we want it to be. We see the coaching relationship as an alliance, a partnership, a process of inquiry that empowers clients to reconnect with their own inner wisdom, to find their own answers, to rediscover those powerful moments of choice out of which lasting change grows.
We believe we are all whole beings with whole lives and that every choice we make affects every other aspect of our lives. Our work affects our relationships. Our relationships touch our spirituality. Our spiritual well-being affects our capacity for joy which affects our work and so on, round and round. We coach the whole person. We believe you deserve the life you want.
So… Who are you? What is important to you? What are your challenges? What gets in your way? Where do you want to go? How would you feel if your life were just exactly the way you wanted it to be? When would you like to begin?
Clinical Mentoring is the art of helping and empowering others to shape their learning behaviors’. The concept of mentoring has a long history, one that comes to us from Greek mythology. Literature on higher education identifies effective mentoring as an influential factor in a consumer success. Good mentoring practice empowers consumers by encouraging and supporting each consumer in successful achievement of goals, and adapting to the academic, social, family system barriers, and cultural mores of the greater society. We make every effort to match the youth with a mentor who has a particular skill set and experience that mesh with the consumers presenting problems and supports the initial clinical progress of rapport building.
The goal of our youth mentoring program is to improve the well-being of the consumer by providing a responsible role model that can support the consumer through assisting them with addressing any dysfunctional or disruptive behavioral patterns. Additionally, our mentors are dedicated to working with the entire family system and all stakeholders to improve the consumer’s social, emotional, and academic wellbeing in the Hope that a state of homeostasis can be restored.
Trauma is a distressing event in which a person feels severely threatened emotionally, psychologically, or physically. Most people will experience a traumatic event at some point in their lives, such as a car accident, abuse or neglect, the sudden death of a loved one, a violent criminal act, exposure to the violence of war, or a natural disaster. Many people recover from trauma with time and through the support of family and friends, bouncing back with great resiliency, but for others, the effects of trauma are lasting, causing a person to live with deep emotional pain, fear, confusion, or posttraumatic stress far after the event has passed. Often, the support, guidance, and assistance of mental health professionals is fundamental to healing from trauma.
Our Therapist Specialize in Addressing patients who do have PTSD:
- understand thoughts, feelings, and behaviors
- focus on the meaning of symptoms
- work through the experience of trauma in moments of “exposure” or re-creation of the
- traumatic situation within a tapestry of relationships and supports
- come to grips with the emotional impact of having this kind of disorder, including the potential benefits—and risks—of a medication regimen
- develop better emotional regulation and the ability to tolerate previously overwhelming feelings
- learn from their relationships, past, and present
- communicate in words instead of behavior
- make better life choices, based on their increased understanding of themselves and their motivations
- understand that their behaviors affect others
- discover a life more worth living
Benefits of Hypnosis
The hypnotic state allows a person to be more open to discussion and suggestion. It can improve the success of other treatments for many conditions.
- Hypnosis can help people change their eating behaviors and drop the pounds
- Cognitive hypnotherapy helps change unwanted patterns and behaviors by connecting with the subconscious mind
- Hypnosis has been used to treat chronic types of pain and pain resulting from serious injury
- Hypnosis gives your mind and body a chance to recuperate, repair and heal itself by experiencing the relaxation that it desperately needs
- Hypnosis can help treat the psychological problem that is causing the sleep disturbance while at the same time it puts the body in a deeply relaxed state that helps the body and mind become rejuvenated
DRUG TREATMENT INTERVENTIONS
At I.E.R., we recognize that an addiction to drugs can be complicated. Only by understanding the cause are we are able to effectively treat drug abuse and addiction.
For some, the use of drugs is a way of medicating difficult emotions, experiences, and memories. Drug use quickly becomes a way to escape those difficult emotions the cause of which often lies in the pain of past trauma.
For others, due to a genetic predisposition, what begins as a routine prescription or innocent experimentation quickly escalates to addiction and dependence. Stopping becomes impossible, and will-power powerless. The resulting damage to their lives, relationships, and careers leaves lasting scars.
Regardless of the cause, the result is that many find themselves struggling not only with addiction but also with co-occurring disorders such as depression and anxiety. Drug addiction does not resolve itself. It will not just go away. Careful assessment and comprehensive treatment is required for the chance to live a healthy sober life. If left untreated drug addiction is progressive and fatal.